Cooking for one is awesome because you don't have to share any of your delicious food.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A do-it-all Instant Pot so you can consolidate several appliances into one and cook dinner in 15 minutes (instead of having to order takeout). The 3-quart version won't yield too much food for one person.
This handy kitchen gadget has seven functions: rice cooker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker, and warmer! Check out our review of the Instant Pot!
Promising review: "This is quite possibly the coolest, most versatile kitchen gadget I’ve ever owned. I love it so much that I’ve purchased two more for friends and relatives. What can it do? I think the real question is 'What can’t it do?' I truly believe you could replace every cooking appliance (including your oven and stove top) and do EVERYTHING in the Instant Pot. I purchased two-sizes for my own use: the 3-quart (which is my almost-every-day workhorse for two-person dishes) and the 8-quart (which I bring out to handle my dinner party dishes). Everything I’ve tried has been fabulous. In the realm of kitchen appliances, there is no better investment than the Instant Pot. Highly recommended!!!" —Stereoman
Get it from Amazon for $59.99+ (available in three sizes).
2. A microwave pasta cooker to save you on nights when you're too tired to cook. It'll make one serving of pasta in no time — just add sauce.
Read our review of the Fasta Pasta Microwave Cooker (#2 on the list)!
Promising review: "I don't want to get all gushy over a pasta maker, but man... I really love this gizmo! I try to limit my monthly food expenditures, and the Fasta Pasta helps me work in at least one inexpensive pasta meal every week, if not more. First of all, I like spaghetti, but I'm lazy and impatient and don't like things that take a long time to make, with a bunch of steps, and a big clean up afterward. The Fasta Pasta is perfect for me. I get the exact amount of correctly measured spaghetti; it's faster than boiling water in a big pot then having to watch and stir the pasta; the pasta comes out perfectly cooked every time and the cleanup is a snap. No big pot, no colander, no spaghetti fork to lift out the pasta. Just the easy-to-clean Fasta Pasta, and a pot to heat up the sauce. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!" —Smilin Sam
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
3. A set of storage containers for keeping your produce fresh for much longer so you actually have a chance to finish everything in time. Go ahead, buy the big box of strawberries.
These are BPA-free and dishwasher-safe. Read our review of the Rubbermaid FreshWorks storage containers!
Promising review: "This is the second set that I have purchased. I bought the first set about two years ago and I love it! I use the small one for berries. The larger one is perfect for grapes, lettuce, and strawberries. I am so happy to have a second set now!" —psneed
Get a set of two from Target for $16.99.
4. A compact air fryer that'll work faster than your oven and deliver crispier results (without any oil). It's just the right size for one to two servings and won't take up too much room on your countertop.
You can obvs add oil if you prefer, but you don't need it to get crispy results! I actually own this air fryer and use it every single day to heat up leftovers, cook frozen chicken nuggets, and even bake cookies. It's way easier and quicker to use than an oven, especially if I'm just feeding one person.
Promising review: "If you like the taste of fried foods, but do not care for the health risks of frying foods in the traditional way, air frying is the way to go. This air fryer from Dash is awesome. My wife and I have always wanted to try an air fryer, and since we got this one, we have not looked back. We make oven fries very often, but they are not crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. However, with an air fryer and 20 minutes to spare, you can have restaurant-grade fries that have the crispy outside/juicy inside. Easy to clean-up and store the fryer. Five stars all the way!" —David M.
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in five colors).
5. A clip-on strainer so you don't have to deal with storing and cleaning a full-size colander. Plus, your hands can remain a safe distance while draining hot liquids.
It's BPA-free and dishwasher-safe.
Promising review: "Love, love, love my new kitchen gadget! I've always dreaded bringing out that big ol' colander and having something extra to wash — especially if it was for something small like a box of mac 'n' cheese. I'd then find myself struggling with trying to use the pot lid and losing half the food in the sink. I've only had this for a week or so, and I've already used it several times with different sized pots for different food items. Tonight it was used on my biggest pot for a large helping of spaghetti. It fits every pot perfectly, no food ends up in the sink, I can throw it in the dishwasher when done, and it doesn't take up a ton of space in the cabinet or in the dishwasher. Worth every penny!" —Tired
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in three colors).
6. An adjustable plastic bag rack to hold storage bags open while you scoop food into them (which means less spillage on the counter and the floor). No roomie to lend a pair of hands? No problem.
It folds down flat so it can fit into any kitchen gadget drawer.
Promising review: "I use this thing way more than I thought I would. It's genius and something that you didn't know you needed until you use it. When I cook, I put food waste and scraps into a plastic bag, so they don't stink in my trash. This inexpensive, simple device is awesome. It solves that annoying problem of continually having to hold open the bag when putting scraps into it. I know, I know... first world problems, but seriously, when your hands are dirtied from cutting/prepping raw meat, I don't want to have to touch anything else." —CarDude
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $11.35.
7. A handheld spiralizer for an easy way to turn every vegetable in your fridge into noodles. While a full-size spiralizer can feel like an overkill, this tool will fit right into your drawer.
This spiral slicer has dual stainless-steel cutting blades for thick or thin pasta strands. It's dishwasher-safe and can be used on zucchini, squash, carrots, and even potatoes! Read our full review of the Vegetti!
Promising review: "What a fantastic kitchen widget! I actually have a large spiralizer and never use it because it is a pain to get out and clean. I saw this and bought it and couldn't be happier. Easy to use and easy to clean if you rinse and clean right away. Small and compact makes this easy to store without taking up tons of space! The option for two different size of noodles is a nice feature!" —Jamie E.
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
8. A manual food chopper that'll do all the slicing and dicing for you. From chopped onions to guacamole, this lil' gadget is literally made for small-batch cooking. Plus, it's quiet and can operate without electricity.
It's top-rack dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
Promising review: "BUY THIS NOW. I’m not kidding when I say it is not only a time-saver, but I literally cannot even dice this good if I try.